Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Quit Day

Nothing puts more pep in the step of your average understimulated and underachieving young person than the "Quit Day". Whether its the last day of exams, school or work, it brings a certain finality to the pain of the here and now. One can finally rejoice knowing that it will in fact end (see the countdown here).

The day of my QD is July 21st and the name of my pain is Access Justice, a wonderful non-profit organization that you should consider volunteering for (www.accessjustice.ca). Why would you volunteer for a group that I'm writing about gleefully quitting, you may ask? Discipline! We all need to have our spirits broken and souls trampled. There's nothing worse than too much idealism (except perhaps too much realism).

For those of you that have bothered reading a few of my entries, you might detect a quiet nervousness in my writing, a flutter, a blush, a poor joke or some forced prose... Yes, this is my guilt post (idea plagarised for my recent book deal of $400,000 Thai Bhat). Read more about that here. The long and short of it is that I haven't posted in a long time and am only really posting now out of some obligation to a non-existant audience. The sad fact is I actually have things to talk about, namely:


  • Sasquatch Music Festival on May 27-29 at the Gorge
  • Josh Ritter at the Triple Door in Seattle
  • Pearl Jam at the Gorge on July 22
  • and last but not least Europe from July 25 - August 24!!


More on all this to come, I just wanted to let some of you know that I'm still in the game and haven't abandoned this project yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all we really ask is that you keep it up through out all your adventures... many many many many more guilt-posts to come i suspect.. ;)

Ghostofasmile said...

Shit I subsribe to your blog. I don't know if I count as an "audience".