Thursday, November 30, 2006

Should Treatment be Mandated for the Mentally Ill?

Do you think people diagnosed with mental illness should be legally required to accept treatment?

A question with frightening consequences, however, Canadian's came through with their core progressive values on this one.


Yes | 10437 votes (55%) 10437 votes No | 8666 votes (45%) 8666 votes

Total votes: 19103 <Globe & Mail Weekly Poll>

I don't really have the energy to rant about this. For one, I am so far on one side of the fence with an issue like this that I can barely relate to the other opinion. I'll leave it for comments from anyone who'd like to chime in his or her opinion (without fear of a raving tirade in response from me!).

2 comments:

Ghostofasmile said...

Well it depends if I'm defined as mentally ill or not. Yeap I'm a fence-sitter.

Joanna said...

I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. This is the sort of thing that reporters dredge up 20 years down the road in a close race for some low level position in a munipical election.

Cheers

Shayne

P-S I look forward to debating this in person as I'm sure we will be on opposite sides as per normal.