I was going to start with some sort of general introduction about myself; why I'm writing a blog or what not. That'd be the appropriate way to start - sticking to the linear formula and to be honest sometimes I'm a bit OCD about such formalities but fuck-it, today I'm just going to start with what's on my mind and maybe that'll be more revealing than any generalizations and pretty descriptions could ever muster.
So I started this blog after denying whatever impulse in me that has prevented me from writing. Now, since I was a kid I always wanted to be a writer; but when opportunities knock I generally look the other way. Some kind of shyness? Fear of criticism? I'm not sure. Mostly I've always been waiting for something to say. I guess I find that the old saying "opinions are like assholes" seems even more relevant today with the Internet than ever and just when I think its time to weigh in with my 2 cents I realize a thousand other Joe's have already commented on whatever it is in one way or another. Each touting themself as an expert, parading themselves as a philospher or as some agent of truth, much like I must be right now! So this sort of perpetual self-criticism has kept me under lock and key and I'm not sure why the break. Maybe I'm just finally realizing who gives a fuck - this is more for me than any audience anyway. I'll probably be the only one who manages to read this (unless I can sucker a friend into doing it - this means you).

1 comment:
goddammit... suckered straight in.
Post a Comment